Welcome to FringeFamous!
As my maiden post, I will answer a frequently asked question about meditation in general. Novices usually ask this question, and it is a sticking point amongst those who are already intermediate level when it comes to meditating as well.
If you have noticed that your meditation sessions aren’t as effective as they used to be, you’re probably wondering what you’re doing wrong. Chances are, you aren’t doing anything wrong. Sometimes, you just need to stimulate your senses. One way to stimulate your mind is with brainwave entrainment. Brainwave entrainment can help you meditate by synchronizing your brainwaves. The following paragraphs will discuss in detail how to meditate with brainwave entrainment.
The first step to meditating with brainwave entrainment is finding a good CD. There are many music stores that specialize in producing brainwave entrainment CD. Many brainwave entrainment CDs can’t be found on the internet, so it is best to see which music stores are in your area. Most likely, one of the workers at the music stores will be able to steer you in the right direction when it comes to which CDs are good and which ones aren’t. If you can’t find any music stores that have brainwave entrainment CDs, then you can search for tracks online. The great thing about shopping online for brainwave entrainment tracks is that you can demo many different tracks in a matter of minutes. You can also view track ratings, which can help you decide which ones to purchase.
Headphones – The Essential Component
After you have gotten some good brainwave entrainment tracks, you need to get a pair of high quality headphones. (I personally like Beats by Dr Dre). The reason that you need to get a pair of high quality headphones is so that the brainwave entrainment tracks work as intended. If your ears aren’t comfortable or the tracks sound fuzzy, you won’t be able to get the full effect of the tracks. Even though high quality headphones can be expensive, they are worth the investment.
After you have purchased both the tracks and the headphones, you are ready to start meditating. It is important not to significantly alter your meditation pattern after you have purchased your brainwave entrainment tracks. The only change to your meditation pattern should be that tracks are playing in the background. As for the volume of the tracks, you want to make sure that the volume is high enough for you to hear all of the beats. But at the same time, you don’t want the volume to be so loud that you can’t concentrate on meditating.
Now that you know how to meditate with brainwave entrainment, you should start to have much better meditation sessions. It is always disappointing when your meditation sessions start to flat line, but there is always a way to get them to be more productive. As long as you get good tracks and high quality headphones, you should see a significant improvement in your focus while meditating. Also, you should feel more relaxed by the end of the session. As with any mediation technique, you need to make sure that you give brainwave entrainment enough time to work before you discount it as an effective method. Once you have experienced the benefits of brainwave entrainment first hand, you’ll wonder how you ever meditated without it. It’s also scientifically proven – here’s a comprehensive review of the psychological effects of brainwave entrainment.
Hope you found that useful!
PS: Latest updates (Jan 11th):- I have been getting emails about some specifics on using brainwave entrainment tracks in order to “fall into alpha state” when meditating. It’s really tricky, I know, but the best advice I can give you is practice, practice and practice. I frequently put on some music on meditation (like the ones you find on http://meditationmusicx.com), and it somewhat helps. I am not an expert on the subject matter, but listening to background music (such as omharmonics) will induce alpha and beta waves in your brain. This works for many people, and if you are just starting out you will definitely help you to calm your senses and rid your mind from distraction. I have suffered from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) for about ten years now, and the stuff I found online (meditation music on YouTube, or even the NeuroActivator.com programs) really helped.
So you’ve decided to do what most dating gurus tell you not to: take her on a movie date. The thing about movie dates is that, you have very little control of what might happen in it. You can’t make your moves, you can’t impress her with your personality, and seriously, if you’ve imagined it to be that one perfect moment to make out with her – you’re absolutely wrong. Here’s my favorite dating advice for men website.
There are only two real things that you can control in this situation, and the only two clear ways where you can give her a peek of your personality while you’re at it: how you behave and to which movie you’re taking her to. After all, we all assume, you get to pick the movie.
Types of movies that you should avoid
So while how you act during a movie date is a totally different story reserved for another day, and I can’t really tell you what exactly to watch, let me just share with you the 5 types of movies that you should avoid going to. And you’ll know why. Here they are:
- Gory horror or thriller (i.e. Saw, Dawn of the Dead, etc). Gore films are just not your ideal movie date material because simply because it is gore. It is disgusting; so whether or not you’re getting it before or after dinner, your innards won’t be the happiest parts of your body about it. It’s also not the kind of scary that would make her want to cuddle with you or cover her face with your beloved biceps. It will make her want to throw up. Reserve this for when you are more comfortable with each other; you wouldn’t want her to hear you scream like a little girl when the innards pop out right?
Don’t forget to visit my last blog post.
- Slapstick comedy movies (i.e. The Three Stooges, Johnny English, Ace Ventura). Sure they are funny but they are the kind of movies that you would be better off watching with the guys. What makes them not ideal for dates is that apart from the fact that she may not like it yet, these movies also do not evoke the right kind of emotions that would make her fall in love with you. Plus, they may actually be too funny for you you’d lose yourself in utter poiseless surrender – turn off!
- Heavy family drama (i.e. Steel Magnolias, Cinderella Man, The Lovely Bones). They are great for Sunday cuddles and late night movie marathons at home with your girlfriend. But if you’re just getting to know each other and just going out, this may not be the best thing to watch. She may enjoy it sure, but you wouldn’t want her to catch you doing either of these: (a) crying like a little boy or (b) falling asleep mid-movie.
- Movies that are too sexually-themed (i.e. Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Original Sin, etc) there are tons of movies out there to watch instead; for the first few dates with this woman, a sex-themed movie especially ones that show boobies or very explicit almost porn-esque scenes can be disturbing. On top of that, you would not want her to think that you are trying to sublimely lure you into getting into bed with you.
- Cartoons. (The Smurfs, the Muppets, Tangled) the only reason you should take her to the movies for these is if her little brother, little sister, nephew, niece, or any other kid comes with you on your date. Otherwise, please don’t bore her just yet with your childlikeness. Wait for a few dates later.
I found an interesting article to help you. Read it here
Watching TMZ and following the interesting and exaggerated and sensationalized world of the world’s elite and most popular people might not be everyone’s cup of tea – especially not amongst most men. But trust me, it has its benefits.
But first, here’s a lesson on how to approach a woman anywhere you meet her.
In this article, let me break down to you some of the most valuable relationship lessons from some of Hollywood’s men (and maybe women) that you, Mister, can definitely apply to your own. So brace yourselves, watch your Hollywood counterparts succeed in their own relationships carefully followed around by the careful and scrutinizing lens of the paps cams:
- Drugs don’t do you or your relationship any good. So Charlie Sheen may still have kept his superstar status net-worth wise but all the drugs has certainly dragged him too far down including a nasty divorce and child-custody battle with the Denise Richards. So forget about starting that bad deed, or you’ll end up with the nastiest wrinkles and the worst of premature ageing signs you’ll ever see.
- Cheating is bad. Very bad. I’m not sure who I should start with on cheating, but I guess Jude Law will do the job. Jude Law kind of had a cheating streak that made him quite infamous for it. It actually made him lose his charm by several notches down when he did it once, and even further when he did it again. And that’s just Jude Law, let’s not get further on with Tiger Woods. Darling, cheating is bad. It’s not something you should do with pros or the advice of pros. It’s something you should NEVER do with anyone at all.
- The funny guys snag the gorgeous girls. Funny guy Jason Sudeikis is hardly Sexiest Man of the Year material, but he is dating the gorgeous, stunning, and very, very beautiful Olivia Wilde. So start on improving that humorous side of yours and put it to good use.
- There’s more to a relationship than just good looks; because even the most handsome ones can be in failed relationships too. Ryan Reynolds, aka the Green Lantern, was the Sexiest Man Alive of a few years ago, but that didn’t stop the failure of his marriage with equally attractive chick Scarlett Johansson.
- A proper breakup is always called for. Liam Hemsworth would have done Miley Cyrus and himself a better favor if he just broke up with her properly and maybe even sooner. It just got more complicated when they took it much longer than he should have. You think he could be partially responsible for her rebellious twerking???
- Great men keep great friendships for a very, very long time. Okay, so this may not technically count for a romantic relationship but hey, a friendship is a relationship too! Take Rob Scheider and Adam Sandler, or James Franco and Seth Rogen, and tons of other Hollywood man BFF’s. Keeping a great friend for a long, long time will tell girls that you do know a thing or two about commitment and keeping it.
Everyone knows that girls never operate alone. If you think men work better in groups, you’ve probably never seen women in action. We are always in groups! Maybe we are just as good professionally solo, but our extra time is always spend with a girlfriend or two. Girls hardly shop alone, or go to the salon alone; women in far flung farms in the developing countries of this world tend to their plants together and enjoy their hearty leaf-wrapped lunch together; heck, a good dating story is never fun and enjoyed alone! We love group calls, group chats, and group everything – yes, today’s woman has made a social group out of her every activity.
And therefore, when you – the enamored gentleman – could not win the hearts of her friends, your ladylove will never be fully happy with you. And your would-be relationship would never be as awesome and as fun for her – the you-and-me-against-the-world kind of romance kind of takes a bigger toll when her friends make up most the “the world” for her.
Want some tips on making a girl laugh (killer seduction trick from SIBG)? This will definitely help you!
Win Her Girlfriends
So it is important to win her girlfriends. It doesn’t matter whether these girlfriends have outwardly expressed their hate towards you; it is important that her friends like you just the same way that it would make a huge difference when your friends like your ladylove:
- Arrange special dates between you and her girlfriends. So what if you have to spend time at the karaoke, belting out to Spice Girls and Adele all night? Or get your manly toenails nailfiled to your manliness death if it means exchanging high-five’s with the very girls who will tell her to give you one more chance when your girlfriend wants to break up with you? Yes, it will be worth it to swap beer nights with a few apple martini nights every once in a while.
- Don’t give her a hard time when she wants a girls’ night out. So apart from spending your time with them, it would also be great if she never has to whine to her friends about you not letting her go out with them. Don’t be an anarchist! Let her go out when she wants to as long as it does not get in the way of your own couple time!
- Get them to connive with you on your surprises for your ladylove. This is a double winner: you make your lovey happy, and you also make her friends happy for her. Real girlfriends are those who feel happy when something enviably wonderful happens to their friend, and if she has these exact same friends, they’ll love you for the way you love their friend.
- Praise your girlfriend in front of them. Nothing beats the oooh-ing and aaah-ing of inspired girls when one of their own finds the best man for her. And you’ve got to be that best man who makes them gush and sigh when you talk to them about your girlfriend. That’s a sure winner!
See previous blog post also
So, are you ready to win them girlfriends? *Wink* and *Z-snap*
There comes a time in a lasting relationship where you’d have to meet each other’s parents. While to you, as the man, the father of your girlfriend would have to be your greatest challenge, impressing her mommy wouldn’t exactly be easy either, although she’d be much more accommodating and much less intimidating to say the least (just imagine all the treats and goodies she’s going to make for you when you come over to visit).
Well, how to make a woman like you is a way easier to learn than to make her mom like you.
Tips to impress her Mom
However, in comparison to the difficulty of having to impress her dad, impress her mom could work to your advantage. Getting her vote, after all, is inching just a tiny wee bit closer to impressing her dad. So how do you win mommy? Here are some very wonderful tips:
- Always come with a special gift just for her. Men will always worry exaggeratedly about what gift to give to the daddy and just settle on some fresh flowers for the mommy. That’s terribly a wrong way to impress women. Ask your girlfriend about what makes her mom likes and what makes her happy. Great suggestions would be a new tea set, some ornamental plant if she’s a green thumb, or a framed cross stitch work for her foyer or living room.
- Call her beforehand. It would take a lot of guts and maybe a shot of tequila straight up to get that courage but if you nail it, you’d be one step ahead. Call to ask about her, if there’s anything you can get for her on the day you visit, and just generally get yourself semi-acquainted before the big meet.
- Ask about her daughter’s childhood. Not every guy around has that kind of interest in their lover’s past; the ladies may be more attuned and more interested to this sort of things, but it would your girlfriend’s mother would be more than delighted to tell you her stories. (This might cause your girlfriend to blush a bit though).
- Dress to impress. Your girlfriend’s mother comes from a different generation, more likely than not, a generation that knows how to value proper grooming and being well-dressed. So dress the part of the guy who wants to be decent when he gets introduced to the most important people in his girlfriend’s life. You don’t have to look fancy or rich, but you have to look respectable. Putting an effort on how you look like is showing that in fact you respect and value the opportunity of getting to know them. And while men lets this little detail slip away, the mommy absolutely won’t.
- Make her laugh. Humor is a very important component in every relationship and it is one of the most efficient ways to break the ice. And it is your best tool in winning your girlfriend’s mother. Stick to old school, nicety nice kind of humor, or poke-fun-at-yourself kind of jokes. She may not exactly get the allusion on pop culture stuff so keep things friendly and chronologically relevant.
- Put your best foot forward with your manners. Etiquette sweeps any potential mother-in-law off her feet. Anytime. So never forget your own mom’s lessons on it!
Dating and impressing women is both an art and a business deal. When you’re single and looking for someone to commit to, you will meet tons of women who, like you, are meeting tons of other men. And you want to stand out to the right woman. In this process, it is all about creating your own mark, your own “Brand” and advertising it the right way of course. It is what women will talk about when your name is brought up; it is how you will be remembered by the women you’ve met.
How to do it?
How do you create your own brand? How do you want women to remember you after they’ve met you? And how do you make sure that a woman’s impression of you is good? Here are some tips on how to create your own “brand” and how to use it to successfully meet the right woman:
- Define who you are. What do you like and dislike? What are you like as a boyfriend and as a friend? What are your interests and your pet peeves? What do you love talking about? What are you most passionate about? Who are you? The answers to these questions will help you define who you are and who you will be to the women that you meet.
- Find out what’s the best thing about you. Is it your good looks? Or your business smarts? Is it your musical talent? Or is it your being close to your family? Maybe it’s your athletic skills. Whatever it is, enhance it, hone it, and make sure the girl you’re on a date is aware of it. The secret to making this stick in her mind is how you present it. Pique her interest about your best asset, make her want to know more about it, and divulge things little by charming little. This will make you seem humble about it (as you should ideally be).
- Impress her with the packaging. She won’t see your brain or your heart when you enter the room. She won’t know that you’ve had the highest GPA before you sit down and talk about both your achievements. What she will first see is how you look like, and you have to impress her by it right from the very first minute. When dressing up according to your ‘brand’, here’s a tip: have a signature look and a signature item. It could be a man-brooch, a quirky watch, or your signature scent (remember: women’s noses are very sensitive and can invoke memories). And make sure your outfit always compliments you and highlights your best physical asset.
- And be comfortable in the skin you’re in. No brand is ever too effective if you yourself are not convinced about it. Be comfortable about who you are and how your represent yourself; if you can convince yourself about who you’re presenting yourself to be, you can likely convince a woman about your “brand”. After all, based on the steps above, you are not presenting yourself to be someone else – just a more presentable, attractive version of the person that you are.
Does she like you? Use this SIBG.com checklist! This is a sure thing now!
Questions? Concerns? Need advice? Need tips? Email me now at Jenny@fringefamous.com! I’ll promise to get back to all of you as fast as I can!
”The cycle of meeting woman after woman after woman in the same process of going out and getting cozy and falling out even before it materializes into something good and potentially lasting can become too much for some people after some time.”
Dating can be tiring, and no one can blame you. After all, that’s time and energy invested into something that just went totally down the drain – sometimes in the most horrible, most traumatizing ways in the form of awful dates.
What do you do when you get to this point in your single life? What should you do when you don’t feel like meeting women? Should you already wave the white flag on dating and confine yourself into becoming the male version of the lonely spinster with a hundred pet cats?
When dating fatigue hits you in the face, here are things that you might actually want to try:
- Being happily single. Stop going out on dates. Give your heart and mind a break and stop going out on dates. Seeking women can be an elixir of vitality for some men, but after long, futile hours spent on trying to win a girl who ends up being an emotional wreck, or a psycho, or someone totally out of your league can weaken you. So stop going on dates. Go on a ‘date holiday’ and enjoy time for yourself. Stop listening to people trying to pressure you into being in a relationship. Stay single for as long as you want and need; trust me: you’ll survive it. You’ll discover a lot of things about yourself that you would not have known otherwise if you didn’t give yourself time to be alone in your thoughts. The best part is you won’t have to pay for two dinners and your phone bill would probably be cut in half! Know how to play mind games with women
- Try a different approach at dating. We get into dating with expectations. We always want something good to come out of each date and expecting for each one of them to succeed – whilst normal and common to most – may not be the healthiest for your heart. Before going out to meet a lady on a date, tell yourself and the universe this: “surprise me!” Drop your notions and presumptions about how the date is going to be like, how she’s going to be like, and how good your kids would look like. Treat dating a little more ordinarily – you might enjoy it more.
- Discover and mingle with a different crowd. Maybe your usual hangouts and the usual type of people don’t get you excited or happy anymore. Maybe you need a taste of the more conservative type, or the more eccentric ones. Either way, try to discover the people outside of your usual crowd and your comfort zone; there might be something there that suits and fulfills what you’re looking for in dating. Don’t be afraid to try to new things; after all that’s the only way to discover new stuff and new people too.
Everyone gets tired at some point. Embrace it, be willing to live with it for that’s the only way to know what you want to do next.
Thanks for reading! Also read this interesting article from experienceproject.com
Men don’t know women. And perhaps they never will.
It’s funny just how long men have been chasing women and how far the human civilization has become but men still find women a total mystery. Except for the chosen few amongst the male lot who have mastered the SIBG guide on humor seduction or called themselves experts in women (aka playboys and gays), men still make the same mistakes their ancestors made to their lady loves. Forgotten dates, wrong gifts, and more commonly, wrong remarks are the top three on the women’s offense list. And mind you, it is wrong.
The 5 NO NO!
And since wrong remarks are the most common (and oftentimes, the most offensive), here’s a little heads up to every man out there. Here are the 5 things a woman would never want to hear from her man:
5. “You don’t look good in that dress”. This becomes extra offensive if she dressed and made up for hours to go out with you. Boy, remember this: she wants you to appreciate her, and she just definitely wants you to be proud of her, and be proud to be walking with her around. Not so much being a trophy girlfriend, but it does not harm our female egos for our men to show us off.
4. “Did you gain weight?” The only way this statement is non-offensive is if your girlfriend is underweight and is working hard on gaining weight. But for the most of us, we are in a constant battle with weight gain, expanding waistlines, and arms that seem to be in a size competition with the size of our legs.
3. “My ex *insert verb here* so much better!” of “My ex is *insert comparative adjective here*”. Even when you didn’t mean it to belittle your girlfriend, anything that tells her that she’s inferior to your ex-girlfriend in any way is offensive and could land you in the couch for several nights. And several servings of the cold shoulder too! Seriously, how would you feel if you get compared to your girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend? You likely wouldn’t like it knowing the average size of the male ego! (Oh and one other tip: any mention of the ex would similarly merit the same amount of rage from your girlfriend so just avoid it at all costs anyway).
2. “You’re just like your mother”. Mother-daughter relationships are as sweet as it is competitive. And definitely not all women appreciate being compared to their own moms, mostly because they get a lot of that at home. You are likely to be opening up old wounds if you drop this type of bomb and she may never forgive you for it.
1. “It was nothing, not a big deal!” A woman makes a big deal out of everything, that’s for sure. And if you made a mistake, if you did something that’s obviously wrong and made her upset, the last thing you’d want to do is shrug it off as something that’s “not a big deal” and try to get away with it, or worst, justify it.
Saying this to a woman is the worst way to end a relationship with her. So, men, which of these are you guilty of?
Instead, read this article to know what is the right thing to say
Questions? Concerns? Need advice? Need tips? Email me now at Jenny@fringefamous.com! I’ll promise to get back to all of you as fast as I can! God Bless!
Throughout history, the world has seen how men have walked lengths to become more attractive to women – to get their attention, to keep them hooked, to make them the alpha males to their dominant women. We’ve seen everything from elixirs of handsomeness to tests of wits and brawn just to catch the eye of the ladies.
Some have worked, some have not, and to this very advanced day and age of technology – many men are still clueless about how to become attractive enough for women.
The problem with men and their quest for ultimate attractiveness is that they make it too difficult and too complicated. And worse, they ask each other. How can another man talk about what is attractive to women? Of course that’s something that can best be answered by no less than yes – women.
Boost Your Attractiveness!
And here’s one tip from a woman to a man – the secret to being attractive, to boost your attractiveness, on how to seduce her from her boyfriend, is simple. It is very simple that you can easily make a habit out of it; here are the 5 habits that can boost your attractiveness:
1. Smile. A smile is a woman’s perfect accessory. And it can be that of men too! Strive towards achieving the kind of smile that goes from the lips to the eyes. Smile an electric smile – one that makes the other person smile back at you by instinct not by will. This very simple, very basic gesture is so powerful that it can help condition an otherwise sad mind into thinking more positively without so much effort. And a smile can be so gentle and so subtle yet powerful enough to make any person cozy up to a total stranger. Smiling makes you look friendly and comfortable and nice – and this is very easy for any woman to ease up to. Smile and the world – including the women – will smile back at you.
See this to see an article that will help you more to improve your appearance.
2. Practice good hygiene. He who smells good is more attractive than he who looks good. And so make sure you smell as clean as you look. Practice good hygiene – this gives women the impression that you are very composed, responsible, and that you are in total control of yourself. If you take care of yourself well, it sends the message that you will take great care of your woman too. So don’t be afraid to take a shower, wear clean clothes, and brush your teeth regularly.
3. Fake confidence. If you can walk with your back a little more straight, and your head held much higher, and you can look people in the eye even when your heart is about to jump off of your chest, you have successfully given faked confidence. And if you do it a bit more regularly, you can fool people – women, especially – into thinking that you are indeed a confident man, so sure of himself. And confidence, my friends, is always attractive.
4. Develop humor. If you can squeeze in any amount of fake confidence into an intelligent humorous remark, you can get a woman hooked in any conversation. And any guy who can keep a woman’s attention in a conversation will seem more attractive than a man who could not mutter a word. This has been proven time and again, and it will continuously prove true at any date and any era.
5. Be a gentleman. Even when the rest of the world says that chivalry is dead, you can always bring it back to life. Not only will your lady of interest appreciate it; more importantly, her mother will love you for it. So if you want to win props for being an ideal boyfriend, be a gentleman in your every movement.
Remember, it only takes 21 days to make something a habit so try these things out with a lot of patience and practice – plus consistency – to achieve your ideal level of attractiveness. Good luck!
Also don’t forget to follow these Do’s and Don’ts in Texting Women!
I know this will work for everyone but please do let me know what you think. Email anytime of day and I will definitely answer you as fast as I can, message me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Everyone has a difficult ex, only some more difficult, more annoying, and sometimes more hateful than others. But then again, the true measure of a man is not always on how you do things but on how you react on things that are thrown at you.
This remains true on what to do with a difficult ex. Your not-so-wonderful former lover could do everything she feels like doing, but what you do with whatever she’s doing is what truly matters and what defines what happens between you two.
Before I give you the rundown on how to deal with a difficult ex, check out this article on SIBG.com. It’s going to give you a good primer on how to keep your emotions intact when your ex becomes unbearable. Ready? Here are some helpful tips that you can try on how to deal with a difficult ex:
Talk like mature adults. Talk in a public place where she cannot do her drama – restaurant, park, diner, mall, or other similar places. See, one of the most common traits of difficult ex-girlfriends is their ability to start a drama and blow everything out of proportions. No man wants that. On the other hand, no woman wants to risk humiliating herself so taking her to talk in a public place is your safest choice. Just make sure you choose a spot where you guys can actually talk and hear each other out without risking having other people hear your conversation. And remember: be honest, direct, and respectful. Avoid making her feel too comfortable because it might send the wrong message. Do not beat around the bush and don’t linger and JUST TELL HER OFF. Oh, and do it ONCE-AND-FOR-ALL.
Ignore her drunk texts, drunk calls, and the give-me-attention antics. Difficult texts are so good at that. No, not even to tell her to shut up or to stop it. See, that’s why ‘the talk’ was a once-and-for-all thing because you won’t do it again. You’ve broken up so there won’t be anything that remains between you two. So even if she bangs on your doors every night, or calls you every minute, or even stalks you. Just ignore her. Ignoring her will send her the message to lay off and to leave you alone. If it doesn’t, go to the police and get a restraining order.
Don’t let her manipulate you.
It’s always more difficult for you guys if your exes are a little too emotional and borders on the self-injuring and suicidal types. They’d eat out on your guilt and manipulate you by threatening to hurt herself. If she does this, she’s clearly in need of psychological help. Reach out to her and convince her to see a professional; at the same time, reach out to her family and friends because they are the people who can take care of her the most.
Be civil when you see each other in public.
So your relationship’s ending was the worst– but remember, you have to carry on and act civil. When you accidentally meet her in public, expect her to do something dramatic or attention-grabbing. She could do something as annoying as tailing behind you or talking with your lady companion, or something as crazy as grabbing your behind or creating a scene – who knows, really. Whatever she does, be civil and do nothing more than a smile and a nod and then walk away. It’s simple, respectful but tells her that you don’t have any business with each other.
The best and perhaps only thing to remember when it comes to how you treat your difficult ex is this: treat her the way you want to be treated – with respect for whatever you’ve had and whatever you have separately at present. You may never be lovers again, and you may never even be friends but you can be civil and mature with each other.
Girls love group dates. We use it mainly for two things, among others of course: (1) to kill two birds with one stone – go out with our boyfriends and our best friends at the same time, and (2) to show off and play the classic game of ‘my boyfriend is better than yours’.
Now, now, since these group dates are mostly a girl thing, it is pretty easy for us girls to act around in them. If this is your first date, better check these mistakes and avoid them like the plague. And besides, most of these group dates are initiated by us and done with people that we are comfortable with. So the discomfort, the awkwardness, and practically most everything that’s not exactly nice about group date ends up in the hands of you guys.
And because it is impossible to say ‘No’ to every group date your girlfriend wants to take you to, here are some helpful tips that could help you move around in the group dating scenario more easily and with more comfortably:
- Get a background of the people you’re going out with. It’s probably your girlfriend’s cousins or college friends, or maybe even office friends. Ask about them and ask your girlfriend to give you a good background of these people. It will help make the conversations flow more easily, plus the thought of knowing they’re all just as human as you are will make it less nauseating and horrifying for you. As an added bonus, your girlfriend will be extra happier with you (and in return will be much nicer to you) because she will appreciate the interest you’re giving her and her friends.
- Put your best foot forward. It’s practically the same as going out to meet her parents: you need to be at your most impressive self. The thing is, as I’ve said earlier, it’s a thing of ‘my boyfriend is better than yours’ and your girlfriend brought you there for a reason: she wants to show you off. So oblige her. The last thing you want is embarrass her in front of her friends by acting like a total douchebag! She’s so proud of you that she actually wants to show you off, so make her even prouder.
- Do NOT look flirtatiously at any of her friends. Girls are a jealous bunch. We are jealous even with our bestest of friends – trust me, it’s normal and it’s a girl thing. The worst thing you could do is look a little too long at her hottest friend, or flirt with her in front of your girlfriend or maybe even give one of her friends too much a compliment. This is definitely not one of the ways on how to meet women you like. You’ll regret it as soon as you get back home.
- Socialize. Staying in one corner, looking smug all day (or night) and barely making a conversation with anyone are rude. And it will make your girlfriend hate you. Socialize a little bit. Engage in their conversation, laugh at their jokes, ask questions, and be a part of the group. No matter how awkward or weird it is for you (if you are THAT much of an introvert), your girlfriend will love the effort on your end and you’ll be handsomely rewarded. *Wink*